Tulsa Oil Field Injury Lawyers
Experienced representation for oil field workers injured in accidents in Oklahoma
The oil fields of Tulsa and Oklahoma help provide energy to the world. In 2019, Oklahoma was the fourth-leading crude oil producer in the country accounting for nearly 9% of the nation’s marketed production of natural gas.
The work though is very dangerous. According to the Center for Public Integrity (CPI), more than 1,500 workers were killed while doing oil and gas extraction work in the US from 2008 through 2017. At Biby Law Firm, we understand how devastating it is to learn a loved one was killed while doing work in the oil field. We care deeply when a new client informs us an oil field accident is causing excruciating pain. Our lawyers have a strong track record of success representing injury victims and families in this exact scenario because we care. Contact us in Tulsa today to learn more about how we can help.
The type of claim a worker can file depends on the worker’s employment status and whether the accident caused injuries or a facility. This means there are four types of oil field injury claims:
- Workers’ compensation employee claim. Employees are required to file a workers’ compensation claim against their employer. In workers’ compensation claims, there is no need to prove fault. The employer is required to pay your medical expenses. The employer also generally pays 70% of the lost wages. We work with distinguished workers’ compensation lawyers.
- Workers’ compensation death benefit claim. The spouse and children of employees are entitled to funeral and burial expense payments up to $10,000. The spouse and children are also entitled to wage reimbursement which varies depending on whether the worker was married and the number of children the worker has.
- Personal injury claim. Workers who are not employees (such as independent contractors) have the right to file a negligence claim for their pain and suffering, medical expenses, and the full amount of their lost wages. Employees can also file personal injury claims if the employer intentionally disregarded their safety.
- Wrongful death claim. The families of workers who are not employees have the right to file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the spouse and children. Parents may also be entitled to benefits. The damages include funeral and burial expenses, compensation for grieving, pecuniary losses, loss of consortium for a spouse, and the loss of companionship for any relatives entitled to wrongful death benefits.
- Oil service truck accidents
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals
- Slips and falls
- Rigs that collapse
Workers may also have the right to file a product liability equipment if defective machinery or tools caused the oil field accident.
Some of the reasons why the companies that own oil fields may be liable for injuries to the workers or anyone who has permission to be on the site (such as business partners) are:
- Poor supervision
- Fatigued workers
- Failure to warn of known dangers or dangers that should have reasonably been known
- Failure to follow industry safety standards and federal regulation requirements
- Improper maintenance of tools and equipment
- Improper handling of chemicals and toxins
- Not properly securing objects so they don’t fall
- Failure to properly train workers on equipment use and safety protocols
- Not conducting routine safety inspections
- Improper planning for the various components of oil field work
- Not preparing for the heat, cold, and other poor weather conditions
- Crush injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Loss of hearing or loss of vision
- Damage to internal organs
- Muscle, ligament, tissue, and nerve damage
Victims who suffer physical injuries are also likely to suffer emotional injuries including depression, fear, and anxiety.
Biby Law Firm has two Tulsa offices located at 1646 S. Denver Ave and 6305 E 120th Ct., Suite K9, as well as an office in Grove, OK. We also meet clients at their homes or healthcare facilities when necessary, and can conduct video conferences when desired or required by the circumstances. Our lawyers are respected by former clients, insurance companies, and defense lawyers for our record of strong representation of our personal injury clients.
Speak with a skilled Tulsa oil field injury lawyer today
It is important that we investigate the cause of the accident as quickly as possible. Quick intervention is needed to determine who is liable and what type of claim can be filed. We work with industry professionals who understand why oil field owners are negligent. At Biby Law Firm, our seasoned lawyers also work with your doctors to fully understand and verity your medical difficulties and treatments. To discuss your oil field injury or death case, call Biby Law Firm at 918-574-8458 or use our contact form to make an appointment. We proudly represent all of Oklahoma including the communities of Tulsa, Grove, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Claremore, Jenks, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Wagoner, Muskogee, and the neighboring areas.
- Beware of Winter Injuries in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Oklahoma Finally Begins Capping Orphaned Oil and Gas Wells
- What Are The Most Common Pipeline Injuries?
- It’s Time to Get Serious About Plugging Orphaned Wells
- What Options Do Families Have When an Oil Field Worker Dies On the Job?
- Safety Hazards and Injuries Associated with Working in an Oil Field