Biby Law Firm Fights for the Injured in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hurt by another person’s negligence? Biby Law Firm is here to help
Attorneys Jacob Biby and Patrick Collogan have spent the last decade upholding the rights of injured Oklahomans in and around Tulsa by continually fighting for a better future for their clients. Everyone at the Biby Law Firm understands that living with a serious injury is hard. You have to worry about your recovery, your bills, your losses, and your family. The Biby Law Firm believes that when you are critically injured you deserve a legal team who will put your needs first while also seeking justice for your injuries. When you are hurt, we are here for you.
Contact us today to learn more about what we can do to help you get started on a claim.
What kind of personal injury claims do you handle?
Our Tulsa personal injury lawyers only represent the injured. As a plaintiffs’ injury firm, we have dedicated our careers to seeking justice for clients who have been hurt by others’ acts of negligence. We handle all manner of injury claims, including:
- Catastrophic injury claims, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, limb loss, loss of hearing and vision, internal organ damage, burn injuries, and more.
- Wrongful death claims, including automobile collisions; trucking collisions; nursing home negligence; and premises liability.
- Insurance bad faith claims, including uninsured motorist, earthquake claims, life insurance denials, roofing denials, and medical payment coverage issues.
- Worksite injury claims, including construction site claims involving electric shock, falls, crushing injuries, machinery injuries, and more. We represent on-site visitors and passersby, as well.
- Premises liability claims, including dog bites, drowning injuries, falling object injuries, slips and falls, elevator and escalator accidents, and more.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect, including claims involving bed sores, medical mismanagement, negligent supervision, wandering and elopement, chemical and physical restraints, and assault.
We handle every type of physical harm and every kind of emotional harm due to physical harm. We also demand punitive damages when defendants engage in egregious behavior that causes you and others harm.
Reliable counsel from an experienced Tulsa auto accident lawyer
Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of death and injury in Oklahoma. Whether you were hurt in a single-vehicle crash or a multi-car pileup, our Tulsa vehicle accident lawyers can help. Contact us to learn more about our services for:
- Car crashes
- Truck crashes
- Boat accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bike/pedestrian crashes
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Public transportation accidents
- Airplane/airport accidents
- Work zone accidents
Our team represents victims of drunk driving, distracted driving, and fatigued driving, as well as those who have been victims of insurance bad faith, or injured by uninsured/underinsured motorists. We help our clients with rentals and repairs, and offer resources for those who will need childcare.
Representing injured oil field workers in Tulsa and throughout Oklahoma
Oklahomans depend on energy production for their livelihood. While oilfield work can be lucrative, the work can also be dangerous. Unfortunately, many oil companies will put profits over the safety of their workers. As a result, oil field workers often sustain serious injuries or death while working on the rigs. From serious injuries to wrongful death, the Biby Law Firm is experienced in handling litigation involving many of the biggest oil and natural gas companies in the country. Firm founder, Jacob Biby has successfully argued for the rights of injured oilfield workers before the Oklahoma Supreme Court. Our Tulsa personal injury practice attorneys fight for workers and families of oilfield workers who are injured or killed by:
- Fires and explosions
- Well blowouts
- Trucking accidents
- Oil rig accidents
- Fracking accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Pipeline injuries
- Drilling accidents
- Derrick accidents
- Accidents due to use of heavy equipment
We file claims against companies when workers suffer broken bones, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, neck and back injuries, shoulder harm, injuries to extremities, soft tissue injuries, thermal burns, chemical burns or even lose their lives.
What Oklahomans should know about our workers' compensation representation
In Oklahoma, employees who are injured while acting within the course and scope of their employment have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim against their employer. Workers’ compensation cases are different than civil cases in Oklahoma. Unlike a civil case, workers’ compensation cases proceed through an administrative system and the issues in a case are decided by a judge instead of a jury. Injured workers in Oklahoma are not entitled to pain and suffering. Instead, Oklahoma workers’ compensation laws allow for injured workers to have all of their medical bills paid, about 2/3 of their weekly lost wages paid and then the worker is entitled to a settlement based upon their respective degree of permanent disability. The degree of permanent disability is often a point of contention as that will determine the amount of money the injured worker is entitled to receive in settlement.
Workers’ compensation serves as an exclusive remedy for employees unless there are specific exceptions such as intentional conduct to injure the employee. If the injured person is actually an Independent contractor then they have the right to file a personal injury claim against other parties. If the other parties acted negligently. Unlike workers’ compensation, benefits in a civil setting will include all damages allowed under Oklahoma Uniform Jury Instruction 4.1 but include reasonable past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering past and future, disfigurement, scarring, lost wages, permanency of injuries.
Our Tulsa personal injury lawyers represent workers, site visitors, passersby, and others in filing personal injury claims. If you need assistance choosing a workers’ compensation lawyer, we can help you.
Why choose Biby Law Firm in Tulsa?
Attorneys Jacob Biby and Pat Collogan are skilled personal injury lawyers who limits their practice to handling injury cases for people that have been harmed by another person or corporation’s negligence. Our firm has earned the respect of clients, juries, judges, insurance adjusters and opposing counsel because we work tirelessly to advocate for our clients. The ability to represent clients in different types of claims helps clients in the following ways:
- Biby Law Firm is familiar with the best physicians including ER doctors, orthopedists, neurologists, pain management doctors, psychologists, and other specialized health care physicians and therapists in this region. Biby Law Firm will work to make sure you are getting the best care possible so that you can recover and move on with your life.
- After serious auto and trucking collisions our team will be on the scene quickly and we will work diligently to secure evidence. Our team of investigators will examine the scene, speak with the police, get statements from any witnesses and we can contact the adverse parties to ensure that they retain evidence. When necessary, we will retain an accident reconstructionist and will begin to reconstruct the collision immediately.
- We have experience dealing with almost all of the insurance companies that will be involved on your claims. As a result, we understand how to negotiate with the different insurance companies and the respective adjusters who may be handling claims. Likewise, we know many of the insurance defense law firms and can almost always anticipate their arguments before they are made. Our wide scope of personal injury representation has earned the respect of insurance adjusters and defense lawyers. This respect is why we are often able to settle cases instead of trying them before a jury – though we’ve proven time and again that we are ready and able to try your case before a jury if necessary. While we handle many different personal injury cases, we understand your case is unique to you. We treat each client like family and guide you through each phase of the litigation process because we care about you, your family, and your future.
Speak with a Tulsa personal injury lawyer today
At Biby Law Firm, we take great pride in our ability to help the injured. We understand just how hard it is to prove fault which is why we work tirelessly and aggressively to show defendants, in every type of personal injury case, failed to protect you. We also understand just how life-altering injuries of any kind can be – and how devastating a permanent or catastrophic injury is. For help with every type of personal injury claim, call our Tulsa personal injury lawyers at 918-574-8458 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We proudly serve the communities of Broken Arrow, Bixby, Claremore, Jenks, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Wagoner, Muskogee, and the surrounding areas.